How Can I Print Restaurant Receipts For My Online Orders
Printing orders with the Order Taking App
Our order taking app can be connected to multiple Epson and Star thermal printers.
Thermal printers are widely used in restaurants. They are robust, fast, require no toner change and paper costs are close to nothing. Epson and Star are leading manufacturers in this segment.
- LAN (Ethernet) – the thermal printer is connected by network cable to a WiFi router and accesses the same WiFi network as the
order takingdevice does;
- WLAN (WiFi) – the thermal printer connects wirelessly to the same WiFi network that’s used by the order taking device;
- Bluetooth – the thermal printer connects directly to the order taking device via Bluetooth.
To add a printer, open the order taking
- When adding a LAN / WiFi printer, double check that the printer and your order taking device are connected to the same network.
- When adding a Bluetooth printer, first pair the printer with the device and then add the printer in the app.
In case you have multiple working stations, you can add more printers and have your orders printed on all of them.
Furthermore, you can go in the Admin Panel and decide exactly what to be printed on each printer. You can have different templates, different number of copies and even different languages.
Restaurant receipt templates
- The payment method chosen by the customer (cash, credit card etc);
- Time to deliver/pick-up the order;
- Estimated drive time and directions (for delivery orders);
- Client’s contact info;
- The order details (including items, prices, taxes and total);
- Confirmation box for client’s signature at handout.
- Order type (delivery, pickup or order ahead for dine-in);
- Client’s name and comments;
- Full order details (the items ordered with their according customizations, quantities and comments);
- Quality control box for the final check at the packing station.
Note: You need a printer with image printing capabilities in order to use these templates. If your printer can only print text, you can still get the order printed, but in a default plain-text template.
How to customize the restaurant receipt
- Change font size for every single line on the receipt;
- Rearrange the sections with simple drag & drop;
- Remove sections that you don’t need;
- Add your own content by using the text-free sections
The best part is that while you make all these changes you can see a
You can even generate previews for different
Note: If your printer can only print text (not also images), the receipt comes out in a plain-text format that you cannot customize.
We’ve looked at the most popular printers used by our clients and picked the ones that perform best. All the printers below are reliable, easy to install and support image printing. So if you want to buy a thermal printer to connect to the order taking
When buying a printer, pay close attention to its characteristics, as the name alone can be deceiving.
There are several models under the same name, and
|EPSON TM-T20II Model: Ethernet||Ethernet|
|EPSON TM-T82II||Ethernet, WiFi with
|EPSON TM-T88V||Ethernet, WiFi|
|STAR TSP143III Models: Ethernet (LAN) or Wi-Fi (WLAN)||Ethernet / WiFi|
|STAR TSP654 Model: Ethernet (LAN)||Ethernet|
|Star MCP31||USB, Ethernet|
Other supported printers
These printers work ok and are actively supported:
- EPSON TM-m30, models: Ethernet only, Ethernet + Bluetooth, Ethernet + WiFi
- EPSON TM-T20, model: Ethernet
- EPSON TM-T70II, model: USB + Ethernet, USB + WiFi
- EPSON TM-T88IV, model: USB + Ethernet
- EPSON TM-T88VI, all models have Ethernet built-in and WiFi with
- STAR TSP143
Why we don’t recommend Bluetooth
Although the order taking app allows you to connect a thermal printer via Bluetooth, we don’t recommend it. Here’s why: